Monday, November 16, 2009

First Deer!!

OH My I now have a killer on my hands!!! LOL!! Tyler has been hunting the last few years and was not able to get a shot at anything, but that all changed this year....He was invited to hunt with my Great Uncle, his Great Great Uncle at the deer camp that I grew up in. This place is a very special place to me and I loved going back and getting share such a beautiful place with my kids and husband. Uncle Gary took Tyler out Saturday morning (opening day) and they saw 8 deer. Tyler shot twice and missed... At first we thought it was him not putting the target on the deer, but after missing three Saturday night and two more on Sunday we knew the scope was off. Tyler never gave up, he never got down on himself. So Blake met a friend of ours that went to our house and got Blake's guns and Tyler and him went back on the stand Sunday night... they were there only an hour and I got the picture text.... FIRST DEER!! Wow what a smile, what excitement. Taylor and I were waiting on them at the camp when they pulled up with her. Tyler's hands were covered in blood and his adrenaline was working overtime. After the rest of the camp got back we cleaned her and cut her up. Tyler was right there watching and helping as Kelly and Blake cleaned her. We are so proud of Tyler and thankful for such a great family that allowed us to come be apart of opening weekend. This has truly been a great weekend!!!




















0 comments: