Monday, May 10, 2010

Field Trip to Dallas


This Friday the 5th Grade GT students went on a field trip to Dallas. They were going to see the World Aquarium and the Dallas Zoo. We were to meet at the school and leave at 6 am. Well we finally got off at 6:15 and the bus driver got lost getting out of Texarkana. I had never driven in Dallas and had only been there a time or two. So I was a nervous wreck. But I borrowed a GPS from a friend and now I'm hooked.... (I want a TomTom touch screen GPS) It was so cool. And since the bus driver didn't know where he was going, I was glad to have it.
When we finally arrived we went to the aquarium first. This place was awesome!! It was in an old warehouse and I could have spent all day there. I've snapped a few pictures of our day there......
This is Taylor playing with a bird....





I thought this was a stuffed animal, but it was a real jaguar.


Seahorses....

Stingray....
Inside the tunnel under water... way cool....



This was a waterfall inside the warehouse...


At the zoo we ate lunch and got to see some really cool animals. Below is a tiger that we saw eating. The zoo keeper put out the food and the Tiger had to hunt it!!!!


Love this picture of Haley.... just like a pretty butterfly!!

Taylor shaking hands with the monkey.... (his brother?????) Just kidding!!! :o



All and all it was a great day and I'm so glad I got to spend the day with my boys....

0 comments: