Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

What does Mother's Day mean to you? Well to me it means that I am blessed!! I have gotten to experience the joys of having a life grow inside me and and that I know what it means to love someone unconditionally. Being a mom is a special privilege. I know that my children have been in-trusted to me by God. It is my responsibility to raise them in a way that is pleasing to my Lord. I am to provide for them and love them and nurture them. No one ever said it was going to be easy. Sometimes it's the hardest thing I've ever done. However I wouldn't trade it for a minute. I love my boys so much and am so blessed with them in my life.


However on this Mother's Day we woke up to our freezer door being left open over night and all my food had thawed out. So I started cooking! I cooked 10 packages of sausage and about 10 packages of bacon. I fixed a ham and two deer shoulders. I also had to cook all the fresh corn and peas. Then I had to grill 6 packages of Hot Dogs....and still have 3 more to grill. So I started cooking at 10:30 and finished at 7:30. So with all this food, I had my parents and Grandmother and Blake's Mom over for dinner. I am so thankful for my mother and mother in law. They are such strong and beautiful women!!

Then today I fixed 5 steaks and a package of chicken. I've cooked enough for an army!!! The good thing is that we didn't loose any food! But believe me, this was not how I'd pictured spending my Mother's Day, but I'm glad that I spent it with my boys!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's~~

0 comments: